Questions The Color Purple
1. Why was Sofia put in jail?
2. Does Celie have secret feelings for Shug?
3. Which character can you see yourself the most in?
4. Why do the woman in the color purple have such a lack of knowledge about their own bodies? Was is considered something you didn't talk about?
2. Does Celie have secret feelings for Shug?
3. Which character can you see yourself the most in?
4. Why do the woman in the color purple have such a lack of knowledge about their own bodies? Was is considered something you didn't talk about?
1. Sofia ended up in jail because she stands up for herself when she is clearly being treated unfairly.
ReplyDelete2. Celie is attracted to Shug in a way where she is jealous of her. I think Celie wants to be Shug and also have a chance to be with her.
3. I see myself in Shug because I have confidence and sass. I relate with Shug's strong personality and the ability to get what I want.
4. I think that the women in this time period were told to do what was asked of them and not fight back. I think they're not curious to find out what they do and don't like about themselves because it's not detrimental to their survival.
Agreed
DeleteTo answer question 4. I think that the women in the color purple were just never taught about there body's. considering that they don't seem to have much of an education at all
ReplyDelete